Sunday, May 16, 2004

No one will every guess what I did this weekend. I went bowling! It was a real cultural experience for me, because I had never been bowling American style before. In Canada, we usually play five pin bowling, but here in Japan they do it “American style”. That means that there were 10 pins instead of five. Also the bowling balls were much bigger than in Canada. In Canada, our bowling balls are only about 15 centimeters in diameter, but these bowling balls were huge. In fact, the bowling ball I used on Saturday weighed 13 pounds (I think the number 13 stood for pounds). The pins were different too. In Canada, our pins are much smaller and they have a blue rubber band around them, but these pins didn’t have any rubber band. Anyway, it was really fun going bowling in Osaka. However, I was just terrible! I guess I am going to have to go bowling again sometime to practice because my total score was only 48 points. I guess most people usually get about 150 points. I must have been the worst bowler in the entire bowling alley! However, my excuse is that I am Canadian, and in Canada we only have five pins, not ten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home